Integration promises initial deployments of Solver's cloud planning and reporting for Dynamics 365 in as little as one day to drive quick-time-to-value for Microsoft customers
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Solver, Inc. today announced a strategic cooperation agreement with Microsoft to deliver advanced cloud-based planning and reporting from Microsoft Azure to Dynamics 365 customers world-wide. One of the unique benefits of the agreement is QuickStart, a rapid deployment technology that Solver has designed as an add-on for Microsoft's Dynamics 365 Finance. This enables Dynamics 365 customers to get up and running with fully functioning forecasts, budgets and reports in as little as one day. In a time of economic uncertainties, this quick-time-to-value will also help Microsoft partners deliver Solver's advanced planning to their customers in record time.
Solver's solution will enable customers to simplify day-to-day planning and reporting tasks, foster collaboration, increase productivity and enhance security.
Customers will also benefit from the Solver multi-tenant cloud solution's utilization of Microsoft technologies, which includes: Availability on global Azure data centers; Use of Azure Active Directory for single sign on; Integration to Microsoft Teams for collaboration; Cloud-connected Excel add-in for flexible report and input form design; and out-of-the box Power BI connector for professional dashboards.
Driving better and faster decisions in times of change
As businesses adjust and adapt to changing business environments, the need for connected, real-time planning capabilities is accelerating. Making faster, informed decisions across all areas of the business requires a continuous planning process. Solver offers customers a modern Azure-cloud based platform that now, with the new QuickStart integration to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance, will make it much easier and faster to connect strategic goals and KPIs with annual budgets and forecasts, as well as, with historical data from Dynamics 365. Ultimately, the deep two-way integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 delivers consistent dataflows that provide customers with one version of the truth.
Furthermore, companies are increasingly spreading their data across various cloud business applications, such as ERP, HRM, and sales automation. Solver and its ability to combine these data sources into Solver's business data warehouse enables deep planning capabilities. In addition, it also drives scalable modern analytics and reporting for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 community.
Deep integrations enable quick-time-to-value for Microsoft and Solver customers
Today's announcement also includes the following additional integrations and support, focusing on easier access, collaboration and security between Microsoft and Solver applications.
- The Solver QuickStart wizard makes it very easy for customers to deploy the initial integration and data loading between Dynamics 365 and Solver applications.
- Solver QuickStart templates saves weeks of report and input form design work by delivering out-of-the-box industry standard financial reports and planning forms that can be used immediately without customization.
- Ability to directly drill-down from Solver planning input forms and reports into related Dynamics 365 screens for immediate visibility and rapid decisions related to underlying historical data.
- Solver's automated direct write-back of approved budgets and forecasts to Dynamics 365 speeds up and simplifies accountants' work at the end of the planning process. It will also enable immediate visibility of Solver budget and forecast data in Dynamics 365 for additional budget control and reporting.
- Microsoft Teams integration enables users across the organization to access Solver from within Teams to view budgets, forecasts and reports.
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory integration provides customers access to enterprise data and applications easily and securely through single sign-on. With expanded integrations, joint customers that use Microsoft and Solver applications can confidently secure end-to-end identity lifecycle and entitlement settings for greater privacy and security management. Feature launched in January 2020.
Comments on the news
"Continuous planning that is effortlessly connected with backend financial systems is quickly becoming a requirement as organizations adapt their strategies to our rapidly changing world," said Nils Rasmussen, CEO at Solver.
"With our Solver cloud planning and reporting platform and the new two-way QuickStart integration to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance, our goal is to change the game of planning by making it very easy for finance teams to manage annual budgeting and reiterative forecasting processes across an organization's silos of information," explains Tad Remington, Chief Commercial Officer at Solver.
Georg Glantschnig, General Manager, Microsoft Dynamics 365 said, "At Microsoft, we're laser-focused on empowering the Office of Finance and their counterparts across the organization to drive productivity and business performance with innovative and secure cloud-based financial applications. Solver delivers deep corporate performance management directly integrated into Dynamics 365 Finance."
Solver is a Premier Tier Dynamics 365 Finance solution, available today on Microsoft AppSource (Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Business Central). The new Solver QuickStart integrations for Dynamics 365 Finance and Business Central are scheduled for release in the coming months.
Solver is a leading provider (Dresner and G2) of cloud applications for the office of finance that help drive faster and better decisions. Founded in 1996, Solver delivers a unified planning, financial reporting & consolidations and analytics platform for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, as well as, the legacy Dynamics ERP solutions and ERPs from other leading vendors (Solver Suite & Dynamics 365 Finance Tours).