MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — COVID-19 concerns are tackling in-person Super Bowl party plans this year, according to a new healthinsurance.com national survey of 1,000 U.S. adults. The pandemic has 83% of Americans more aware of their health and the health of those around them. That may be because more than two-thirds of those surveyed said that they have or know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, 50% said they plan to spend the big game with just their immediate household this year. Social distancing spurring virtual Super Bowl parties, with 13% of those surveyed said they will be attending.
With more people staying home, 30% said that they are more interested in the Super Bowl this year. It wouldn’t be Super Bowl Sunday without the snacks, and it may mean the 52% who made a health-related New Year’s Resolution having a cheat day. 73% said they will eat chips and snacks during the Super Bowl; 56% will eat wings; and 46% will drink beer.
- 68% have or know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- 83% are more aware of their health & the health of those around them because of COVID-19
- 30% are more interested in the Super Bowl this year
- 50% plan to spend the Super Bowl with just their household this year
- 13% are attending a virtual Super Bowl Party this year
- 73% will eat chips and snacks during the Super Bowl
- 56% will eat wings during the Super Bowl
- 46% will drink beer during the Super Bowl
- 46% said the actual game interests them the most about the Super Bowl
- 24% said commercials interests them the most about the Super Bowl
- 18% said the half-time show interests them the most about the Super Bowl
- 10% said the Super Bowl snacks interests them the most about the Super Bowl
The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted online by Scott Rasmussen from January 12-14, 2021. Field work for the survey was conducted by RMG Research, Inc. Certain quotas were applied to the overall sample and lightly weighted by geography, gender, age, race, education, and political party to reasonably reflect the nation’s population. Other variables were reviewed to ensure that the final sample is representative of that population. Margin of Sampling Error: +/- 3.1 percentage points (for full sample)
Healthinsurance.com combines the nation’s leading health insurance carriers and advanced technology to offer a suite of private insurance solutions and Medicare plan options. In just a few clicks, our website provides consumers the ability to access powerful online comparison tools and educational resources that enable efficient self-guided navigation of available health insurance and Medicare options. For more information, visit healthinsurance.com.